Apple released earlier QuickTime 7.5, which a.o. fixes a number of security bugs.
Apple's security improvements include fixes for:
- CVE-2008-1581: PICT images can lead to an heap overflow and code execution
- CVE-2008-1582: AAC coded media can lead to code execution
- CVE-2008-1583: PICT images can lead to an heap overflow and code execution
- CVE-2008-1584: Indeo video codec can lead to a stack buffer overflow and code execution - note the fix: "This update addresses the issue by not rendering Indeo video codec content."
- CVE-2008-1585: handling of file: URLs in QuickTime files could lead to an attacker controlled application launch and code execution - note the fix: "This update addresses the issue by revealing files in Finder or Windows Explorer rather than launching them."
Swa Frantzen -- Gorilla Security