This listing has expired and therefore is not publicly viewable.
|Company||NYC Office of Technology and Innovation (OTI)|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GREM|
|Salary||Up to 150000|
The Malware Analyst within OTI- Cyber Command will specialize and focus on malware analysis, threat actor campaign assessment, and threat actor correlation to the analyzed malware. While not analyzing malware, the analyst will be expected to perform job functions similar to members within the Computer Emergency Response, which include building automation workflows and playbooks that promote malware analysis and enable analysts to efficiently scan and review results of dynamic analysis, enhancing and building the malware analysis program at NYC3 and building security content from analyzed malicious data both found internally and in the wild.
Responsibilities for the Malware Analyst position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct malware analysis and reverse engineering on suspicious code, and producing a detailed report of the findings;
• Research malware families and variants to distill common characteristics and behaviors;
• Conduct deep dive technical analysis of cyber-attack tools, tactics, and procedures;
• Review threat information, maintain a threat repository with tagged malware samples and develop a process on archiving and updating this repository;
• Perform static code analysis and dynamic analysis with a focus on extracting identifiable behaviors that can be used to inform analytic development efforts and the NYC3 defensive posture;
• Analyze malware obtained from internal and external sources to extract identifiable behaviors and inform analytic development efforts and the NYC3 defensive posture;
• Partner with SOC and Counter Threat Intelligence (CTI) teams during investigations to understand incidents and support technical analysis of malicious cyber security events;
• Work with the Counter Threat Automation (CTA) team on automation of process for malware analysis;
• Build tools to support malware analysis and work with the CTA team to integrate them;
• Communicate effectively with business executives, technology specialists, and vendors.