|Location||Cincinnati, OH or Remote|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GISF, GSEC, GLEG, GSTRT|
GE is seeking a highly motivated individual to establish and execute the methodology for effective Data Governance strategy within the Data Protection team. The ideal candidate will work directly with business leaders across the enterprise to understand the data landscape throughout the organization and develop a data governance program and model that establishes governance processes, stewardship roles, and information health metrics to improve data quality and remediate high risk security concerns.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• You will become deep subject matter expert in our data landscape and governance strategy and toolset.
• Deliver a data governance strategy and roadmap and leading its implementation.
• Identify requirements around data tagging and labelling.
• Develop policies, processes, and procedure to support work and consistent data handling.
• Support the establishment of common enterprise data definitions and standards.
• Engage and partner with technical teams and functional owners of data types and involve the business in data stewardship roles and tasks.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure acceptance and sponsorship for data governance policies and procedures.
• Highlight data quality concerns from multiple user perspectives and in varying contexts to ensure the right data is targeted for quality improvement and report on the integrity of the organization's data assets.
• Define a specific set of maturity milestone indicators and monitor customer satisfaction and overall progress across data domains toward them.
• Oversea the use of tools and technologies involved in data governance procedures, to ensure ongoing performance and cost-effectiveness.
• Manage project risk, scope changes and other non-standard events on an ongoing basis.
• Support the execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies.
• Ensure data quality issues are logged, tracked, and remediated in a timely and effective manner.
• Maintain a data governance organization structure, which is effective in upholding data governance policy and performing data governance processes.
• Communicate and represent to executive leadership on program status, risks, and issues.
• Build rapport and trust with business teams to expand use cases for the data governance tools.
• End to end ownership for remediation plans, including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 5 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 10 years of professional experience
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in data governance
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
Extensive experience of data governance experience in a related industry.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Technology, or an accredited qualification is a plus.
Knowledge of Data Governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches to data integrity.
Effective consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
Knowledge and experience of data governance tools and technology solutions
Deep subject matter expertise in the ability to shape and influence the way things are done.
Ability to self-direct and experience successfully delivering on complex IT projects from beginning to end.
Knowledge of data security and privacy regulations and practices.
Ability to keep up with technology advancements.
Exceptional communication skills.
Exceptional presentation skills.
Leadership skills to establish best practices and collaborative ways of working.
General knowledge of Storage Devices (NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, etc.) and File System Permissions for NFS, CFIS, NTFS, DFS).
General knowledge SQL (SQL Query & Analysis, SQL Management, etc.).
Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long-term projects and the ability to establish rapport with various roles (executive management to deeply technical).
Proactively identifies and removes obstacles or barriers on behalf of the customer.
Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives.
Proven influencing and persuasion skills that align others to a common goal. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
Ability to work independently and takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No