|Location||Arlington, VA or Remote|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCLD, GWEB, GCPN, GPCS, GCIA, GCIH|
|Contact Name||Bryan Scarbrough|
Interos is seeking a Senior Cloud Security Engineer with experience at an enterprise level in cloud architecture, policy, controls, business continuity, and automation, including Cloud formation, scripting, and AWS. Reporting to the Engineering Lead, CISO, the role will specialize in AWS services and serve as a liaison between the Cybersecurity and Dev-Ops teams for security management of Cloud Architectures. You will work in our cloud environment and be asked to deliver novel and innovative solutions to help grow the business. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and have hands-on technical experience with various cloud platforms.
- Architect, build and maintain security controls in our Cloud environment.
- Performing Cloud Security Assessments of Cloud platforms/environments using industry standard frameworks such as ISO and NIST.
- Identify gaps in our security posture and prioritize remediation efforts
- Develop design patterns, standards and best practices for Cloud security.
- Support our engineering teams in developing secure Cloud infrastructure.
- Drive implementation of countermeasures, mitigations, and containment.
- Manage and improve infrastructure level security capabilities e.g. firewalls, DDoS protection, network isolation, IAM, and other access controls.
- Work closely with various team members to refine the risk strategy for cloud architecture.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technology experience plus 5+ years of experience in Cloud Security Engineering.
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services and demonstrated knowledge of services and controls.
- Network technologies and connectivity options to AWS cloud
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement these controls.
- Comfortable with DevOps style tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, GitLab, etc.
- Experience analyzing computer security incidents and recommending measures that appropriately respond to computer security incident activity.
- Ability to document findings, architectural diagrams, and project roadmaps.
- Customer focused
- Results driven
- Entrepreneurial mindset; flexible and adaptable, able to learn new things quickly.