|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSEC|
|Contact Name||Maarten Van Horenbeeck|
We are looking for a Security Analyst who will report directly to the Manager, Security Shared Services. The newly formed team will support the entire Security organization by helping in transitioning and executing repeatable, request and data based processes across different functions.
Zendesk’s business and employee footprint are growing! This continued growth has built an opportunity to lead our rapidly growing shared services function. You will have a chance to help Zendesk establish the shared services for Security.
You should be a self-motivated individual that can manage and execute several security activities related to training & awareness, IT security, safety, vulnerability management, incident response and compliance. You must also be self-motivated and enjoy working in a multifaceted and fast-moving environment.
What you get to do every day:
- Act as the first point of contact for different security processes transitioned into the shared services organization
- Collaborate with process owners from different Security functions in developing and implementing processes that will increase operating efficiency of the Security Organization
- Identify continuous improvement areas and work with the Security Automation Engineer to support step changes in operational efficiencies
- Develops documentation, play books for new processes to be transitioned
- Identify ways to optimize the process via process redesign
- Shares standard methodologies with the team to improve Security on all levels
- Participate and perform compliance operations such as performing periodic user access reviews for in-scope systems for various compliance frameworks (SOC2, SOX, PCI etc.)
- Work with Senior Analysts to improve control efficiencies, design and operating effectiveness of security controls
- Participate in external audit walkthroughs, capture audit evidence and perform internal audit testing for various controls
What you bring to the role:
- BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of two years experience in IT audit, Information Security, and/or Compliance
- Experienced in working on a shared services environment to help build standard operating procedures and processes
- Demonstrable ability to optimally plan, prioritize and handle work activities to meet stakeholder expectations and specific Service Level Agreements;
- Familiarity with Security concepts such as password authentication, 2FA, access control, identity management, organizational change, and data security/classification
- Ability to rapidly adapt to new tools used in day to day engagement such as G-Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets), Zendesk support, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), Github, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly across cultural and geographic boundaries along with at an appropriate level of detail.
- Enthusiasm to learn new applications and conceptualize impact on security and compliance standards
- Familiarity with global data protection, cyber security concepts, privacy laws and SOX (or similar framework) is a bonus
- Light programming experience and technical expertise with scripting language (such as Python), and/or general API development/configuration also a bonus
- Certifications such as the GSEC are a plus!