|Location||Alpharetta - Georgia - United States, Atlanta - Georgia - United States, Lowell - Massachusetts - United States, Weston - Florida - United States|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCFA, GCDA, GWEB|
|Contact Name||Mike Christopher|
About the Team:
As a Detection Engineer II, you will be part of UKG's Global Security Detection Engineering team. This global team is responsible for detecting and responding to sophisticated cyber threats and attacks. In your role you will leverage a variety of tools and resources to proactively detect, investigate, and respond to emerging and/or persistent threats impacting UKG and/or its customers.
• You will be providing hands-on solutions, customization and tuning, automation, and use case development for the SIEM, SOAR, and other stakeholder requirements for threat informed defense strategies
• You will support leading production level projects to completion as a contributor and a collaborator between multiple stakeholder teams including the Security Operations Center (SOC), Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, and Incident Response
• You will be working on a globally distributed team and expected to create and present strategies, technical plans, and architectures to audiences of technical and executive leadership levels when asked.
• You will also maintain existing internal code, use cases, and further extend SIEM and SOAR integrations aligned to the Detection Engineering program efforts
• 3+ years of security and hands on technical automation experience, with 2-3 of those years focused on creating use cases and detection focused automation
• 2-3 years of operational experience working directly with or in security operational teams including: SOC, Threat Intelligence , and Incident Response
• Deep understanding of SOC, SIEM, and other engineering best practices, limitations, and ways of extending or customizing threat detection automation related use cases
• Demonstrate hands-on skills in a major scripting/programming language or a search query language for use in security operations and threat detection
• Experience with a major public cloud service provider (CSP) preferred
• Splunk Cloud ES or Splunk SOAR (Phantom) Experience highly preferred