|Company||New York City Cyber Command|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GICSP, GRID|
|Salary||88,936.00 - $220,000.00 (Annual)|
Job CategoryTechnology, Data & Innovation
Work Location80 Maiden Lane
# of Positions1
Title Code No82984 LevelM5
Proposed Salary Range$ 88,936.00 - $220,000.00 (Annual)
Email this Job
About New York City Cyber Command
New York City Cyber Command (NYC3) is committed to protecting City systems that provide vital services to New Yorkers from cyber threats, and helping residents become safer in their digital lives.
As the organization defending the largest municipality in the country, NYC3 is charged with directing citywide incident response, setting citywide cybersecurity policies and standards and working with city agencies to strengthen their cyber defenses.
With an increase of Internet of Things (IoT) devices comes increased risk and exposure to cyberattacks. Cyber Command (NYC3) is looking for an executive to lead its Urban Technology program, to design loT security systems that will maintain our security posture, anticipate threats, protect the public and maximize resilience for city agencies implementing smart technologies.
The primary responsibility will be to lead the design and development of the city's loT security solutions to include the identification of data collection and storage methods, the application of analytical models and identifying the appropriate sensing and communications technologies.
The Deputy CISO for Urban Technology will:
• Serve as the City’s senior expert on cybersecurity issues pertaining to industrial control systems (ICS), operational technology (OT), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems;
• Review existing security architecture, identify design gaps, and recommend security enhancements of critical infrastructure systems and technologies, including those in ICS, OT and SCADA environments;
• Represent the agency in ICS, OT, and SCADA governance committees, steering committees or any groups influencing smart technology selection and implementation, locally or nationally;
• Inform the development and maintenance of cybersecurity standards, ensuring compliance and effective management of cyber risks for ICS, OT, and SCADA environments;
• Lead research, draft position papers and policy documents on the cybersecurity implications of emerging ICS, OT, SCADA, and internet of things (IOT) / connected devices.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 credits in the field of voice and/or data telecommunications or in a pertinent scientific, technical, electronic or related area, and four years of satisfactory fulltime experience in the performance of analytical, planning, operational, technical, or administrative duties in a voice and/or data telecommunications or closely related electronics planning, management, and/or service organization, one year of which must have been in a highly specialized capacity and 18 months must have been in an executive, managerial, or administrative capacity or in the supervision of staff performing work in the voice and/or data telecommunications field; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 12 credits in the field of voice and/or data telecommunications or in a pertinent, scientific, technical, electronic or related area and five years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and one year of the specialized experience as described in "1" above and must possess the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
The preferred candidate should possess the following:
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge and/or proven record of success designing and implementing security solutions for ICS in critical infrastructure and/or manufacturing sectors, such as power and utilities, oil & gas, chemical, and consumer products manufacturing;
• Understanding of Distributed control systems (DCS) and SCADA architecture;
• Understanding of network and communication protocols common in ICS environments;
• Understanding of ICS design considerations with emphasis on human safety and the availability/security of operating environment;
• Understanding and knowledge of leading IT and OT security practices; and,
• Preparation and maintenance of policies, procedures and standards governing the security operations for ICS systems and networks;
• Experience with IEC 62443, NIST SP 800 82, NERC CIP, NEI 08 09, or other industrial control regulations;
• Experience with systems security engineering, design engineering, security tests and evaluations, and risk assessments for SCADA, ICS, and enterprise-level IT systems, including risk management, vulnerability assessments, security assessments, strategy and program development, network architecture designs, and monitoring solutions.
Special Note: Taking and passing civil service exams are necessary to maintain employment with the City of New York. Please check the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) website (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/exam_monthly.shtml) for important exam filing information. Please ensure that you are either a permanent employee in the civil service title listed on this posting, or, that you file for the examination when there is an open filing period. For more information regarding the civil service process, please visit the DCAS website at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/work.shtml
* Interested applicants with other civil service titles who meet the preferred requirements should also submit a resume for consideration
For City employees, please go to Employee Self Service (ESS), click on Recruiting Activities > Careers, and search for Job ID #457622
For all other applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #457622
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVAL
DoITT participates in E-Verify
Day - Due to the necessary technical management duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate may be required to be on call and/or work various shifts such as weekends and/or nights/evenings.
New York, NY
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.