|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GPEN, GMON, GWEB|
###Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
As a security company, Sophos takes its own security very importantly and has an internal IT Security team which focuses on protecting Sophos’ own systems and infrastructure. This role is for an experienced security expert to join our Cybersecurity “Blue team”.
This a great opportunity to help secure a world-leading security company. As you’d expect you’ll be joining an organization that takes security seriously. You will get the opportunity to work with some world-leading experts from across the company in a fast-paced & exciting environment where security is a priority. As an added bonus, through our dogfooding programme, you can also contribute to improving our products. You’ll need to be highly motivated, have an innovative mind-set and able to clearly articulate complex technical security issues to senior management.
###What you will do:
As part of this role you will need to:
* Proactively research and monitor security information to identify potential threats that may impact the organization.
* Escalate validated and confirmed incidents.
* Fine-tune SIEM rules to reduce false positive and remove false negatives.
* Monitor: User activity, network events and alerts from security tools to identify events.
* Security requests which are raised by other internal teams that requires security team action. Suspicious emails that submitted to SOC team.
* Contribute towards Our vulnerability assessment and remediation program.
* Incident response, and support Incident manager during an incident
* The development of security policy, standards, procedures and documentation.
* Investigation & root cause analysis of security events & incidents escalated from our security operation center.
* Be able to create detection based on analysis of various log formats.
* Have experience with commercial and/or open source security assessment tools such as Burp Suite, Accunetix, nikto
* Have ability to innovative to actively hunt for threats e.g. scripting using python, powershell
* Hands on experience of implementation and management of Intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS), Firewall, VPN, and other security products like Antimalware, Antispam, Content filtering, DLP etc. Proficient with SIEM – Splunk
* Experience with IDS/IPS, firewall alert analysis, monitoring and auditing
* Experience in performing log analysis with tools like Procmon
* Ability to solely perform and manage the vulnerability management lifecycle
* Be able to perform static code analysis
This position requires shift work in a 24/7/365 environment therefore after-hours work may be required.
Works closely with the Security Operations Centre, Development team, SophosLabs experts, Product Security Engineers and IT.
Reports to the SOC Manager.
* Security-related professional certification (GMON/OSCP/OSCE/GPEN/GWEB/OSWE)
* Splunk Certified Power user
* Educated to bachelor’s degree level.
###Skills and Experience:
* 3+ Years in Security Operations
* Mixed skillset covering both offensive and defensive security. Experience in application security and development.
* Experience in working in a SOC Strong interpersonal & networking skills.
* Proficient in English communication – verbal and written.
* Desirable: Contributions to open-source security projects and/or publications.
* Experience working in a global environment. Experience presenting research material at security conferences. Experience with VA and PT Tools Knowledge of Sophos products.
* Familiarity cloud security architectures – particularly AWS and the related tooling AWS IR
* Excellent Communication Skills – English
* Presentation Skills
* Good Documentation Skills
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.