|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GMON, GSOC|
|Contact Name||Leonard Nelson|
The Network Security Administrator is a high-impact technical role that plays an integral part in the development, implementation, remediation, and compliance of network security across the enterprise. This position works directly within the core Information Security team and reports to the Network Security Specialist. This position’s primary responsibility is involved directly in supporting the planning, engineering, deployment, maintenance, and continual improvement of enterprise security and network control defenses and related management tools.
** Operational Oversight **
- Assist with configuration, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting and monitoring of both cloud and on-premise security infrastructure such as firewalls and VPN. Perform systems administration support activities for various network and cloud security systems as needed.
- Create, update and facilitate network change requests, service requests, or triage of problems within the environment.
- Develop actionable reports using available network security tools.
- Improve and work on existing logging strategy for collecting and analyzing logs including SIEM integration, correlation, and alerting.
** Project Assistance **
- Execute projects on enterprise security and network management with direction from the Network Security Specialist.
- Where needed, work alongside team members to assist with the work of the full enterprise system lifecycle: system design, deployment, patching, securing, improvement, and decommission.
** Incident Response **
- Assist with the implementation of technologies to secure critical University resources against intrusions and attacks.
- Implement systems and software to detect intrusion attempts and anomalies, malware, phishing, and all other related security incidents.
- Participate with UNIT’s incident response team and Managed Detection & Response program.
** Research, Development, & Automation **
- Develop network infrastructure integration to support procedures and processes within the department.
- Create relevant departmental and functional documentation.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.