|Company||JFL Consulting, LLC|
|Location||Fort Belvoir, VA|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GSNA, or related|
|Salary||$100,000 - $125,000|
JFL Consulting is seeking a Cyber Defense Operator to join a highly technical team of cyber specialists. The applicant will be part of a small, mobile defensive cyber operations assessment team working with the most current network analysis, TAP technology, forensic software, and network auditing COTS and open source tools available.
The team’s responsibilities include:
• Reviewing and assessing all aspects of the customer’s mission by conducting full packet capture analysis of customer network traffic
• Inspecting network traffic for non-authorized activity or any form of network exploitation and compromise using a variety of network security sensor applications
• Analyzing data traffic inspection results and presenting results and findings in a clear and concise manner
• Preparing reports and briefings to include recommendations for mitigation techniques
• Running network modeling and configuration compliance/vulnerability scanning tools on computer networks
• The team works in a very fast-paced environment to complete mission objectives
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Pass a hands-on laptop/networking lab interview by the current operations staff
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer security, computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8 years of directly related operational experience may be a substitute.
• The applicant will require a minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience conducting full packet capture analysis and will require mandatory experience in network and system administration, TAP technologies, virtualization administration, *Nix O/S, and server technologies.
• Possess Information Operations and CND experience as defined and described in Joint Publication 3-13, Information Operations and DoD 8570.01-M.
• Possess working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include DoD’s system security authorization agreements (SSAA).
• As a minimum requirement established by the customer, possess or be able to gain the following minimum set of professional information technology/security certifications: CISSP or CompTIA Security+CE, a computing environment certification such as CCNA or Linux+, and one of the following - GCIA, CEH, GSNA, or CISA as listed in DoD 8570.01-M.
• Strong experience with network security monitoring, threat hunting, network packet analysis, malware analysis, signature development, and shell scripting.
• Ability to install, configure, and administer network security monitoring (NSM) software applications.
• Troubleshooting skills in problems with software and hardware.
• Configuring, managing and maintaining networking equipment.
• Strong computer networking skills and experience with network firewalls.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The applicant will be required to produce written technical reports, presentations and give briefings to technical and non-technical personnel.
• Possess a working knowledge of computer network modeling software.
• Possess a working knowledge of computer network vulnerability and compliance scanning/analysis software (e.g. Nessus).
• Ability to lift and move 50-pound objects (our travel kit).
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Possess a Master’s degree in a scientific or technical field
• Experience conducting vulnerability-based network security assessments
• Possess OSCP, GCIA, GCIH (or any related GIAC certification), WCNA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE and MCSE information technology certifications
• Work network models using MS Visio
• Experience with network packet capture technologies and all mainstream protocol analyzers
• Experience performing manual packet analysis with a hex editor
• Programming experience (Perl, Python, C, etc.).
Other Requirements and Qualifications
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must possess active TS//SCI clearance
• Travel: Up to 30% travel required and the ability to travel on short notice
• Ability to work non-standard hours
• Willing and able to obtain required immunizations for overseas travel
• Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to ensure well-balanced, and safe operations.
• At a minimum, demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the following:
o Anti-terrorism force protection program and surveillance procedures against U.S. personnel while deployed in an overseas environment, and
o Understanding of foreign intelligence collection against U.S. personnel
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
• 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision Platinum PPO plan for each employee as well as spouse and children
• 401(k) plan retirement plan with company match and vesting from day one
• Generous leave policy
• Reimbursement for job-related certifications, training allowances and more
About JFL Consulting, LLC
With more than twenty years of securing some of the U.S. Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community’s most critical networks, JFL Consulting, LLC provides advanced network security solutions to a range of US Government and US commercial clients. Our cybersecurity operators are experts at assessing and defending mission-critical data and the networks that facilitate their operation. We are focused on delivering advanced products and industry best practices that meet each customer’s unique requirements. For more information visit www.jflconsulting.com.
JFL Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute. It is also the policy of JFL Consulting, LLC to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.