|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GDSA, GCED, GSEC|
- Responsible for designing and building security solutions, security architectures, technical security standards, and technical security baselines. These may include but are not limited to NGFW, WAF, DLP, IAM, and cloud security controls.
- Assess current-state network security controls, capabilities, and their effectiveness.
- Develop roadmaps for technical talent and procedural improvements.
- Awareness of the latest network & application security trends.
- Drive the technical architecture and implementations for security solutions while providing technical leadership and strategic direction for security functions.
- Coordinate with other InfoSec teams, Technology Services, DR/BCP, legal, Human Resources and other business groups while developing, implementing, and engineering security architectures and their solutions.
- Provide architecture & engineering oversight to all security incidents, processes and escalations to determine the root cause and extent of the incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree required, IT/IS required or commensurate experience
- Ability to manage projects required.
- 10+ years’ experience in a technical information or network security role.
- Experience mentoring junior staff and colleagues.
- Deep knowledge of security architecture & engineering principles including network-centric and data-centric security.
- Knowledge of DNS, email, web technologies, TCP/IP, applications of cryptography, and data-exfiltration.
- Strong networking knowledge and packet-analysis capability.
- Ability to program/code is required (any modern interpreted language).
- Understanding of Linux and Windows security principles.
- Deep understanding of Linux and working with Linux-based systems.
- Deep thinker, capable of taking initiative, working well alone and as part of a team, willing to always learn & grow, and an ability for high attention to detail required.
Desirable Perks ::
- New technologies and opportunity to personally run and/or work with
- Security budget that has continually increased
- Lots of opportunity to make visible impact within the organization
- Time allocated to be creative and develop new tools/strategies/methodologies
- Opportunities for advancement into leadership roles
- Lots of training opportunities (in-house, self-study, conferences, etc.)
- Stability & security (company started in 1967, continually growing even through pandemic)
- Leadership that actively participates in ensuring the success of their employees
- Competitive salary & benefits package with lots of personal time
- Employee footprint includes folks that were formerly employed by ESPN, VMware, Microsoft, Travelers, government agencies/military, and others.