|Mexico City, MX
|Preferred GIAC Certifications
Who we're looking for:
Would you like to work on an innovative and sophisticated Security team for a global SaaS company that’s constantly pushing forward? Zendesk is looking for an experienced Senior Security Analyst with excellent communication and analytical skills to help us protect our internal partners, our products and our customers by being able to identify and mitigate security risks that may arise with our vendors through a variety of ways. We are seeking someone who can master a very sophisticated craft while simultaneously demonstrating empathy, friendliness, compassion, and a willingness to always go above and beyond: someone with a mixture of technical prowess, relentless positivity and an eye towards solving problems, creatively and collaboratively. The world of security moves fast and the world of SaaS moves even faster. In addition to aforementioned qualities, we need a self-motivator to stay on top of the shifting ground beneath their feet to stay ahead of security, technology, our controls, and the Zendesk family of products.
You should be approachable and inspiring as you will be one of the public faces of our team and sometimes Zendesk itself. You should have a strong understanding of security concepts, security compliance, possess premier communication skills, and be able to translate sophisticated ideas to a wide variety of audiences. The ability to remain succinct and yet instructive is key.
What you'll be doing
* Partner multi-functionally with the key teams (Sourcing, Legal, Privacy, IT, etc) to uncover target areas of focus for programming.
* Continuously identify, prioritize, and build multi-channel awareness campaigns to positively influence behaviors and mitigate top risks
* Partner multi-functionally within the Security team (risk, incident management, automation, data analytics, etc) to uncover target areas of focus for programming.
* Partner with senior stakeholders across various functions and departments at Zendesk to develop tailored awareness offerings
* Improve business and operational efficiency by developing, automating, and maintaining scalable processes, tools, and dashboards.
* Understand Zendesk security processes and the application of those processes at as it relates to our vendors and certain compliance controls
* Evaluate the security of new and existing vendors by reviewing user documentation and various legal documents
* Draft and negotiate security agreements, DPAs and other relevant documents
* Work closely with internal stakeholders to educate and guide them on best security practices as it relates to using third-party tools and outside services
* Assist in maintaining our current knowledge base, Security Policies, SOC 2 controls, and internal-facing documentation.
* Work on project based deliverables when called upon to do so.
* Help update knowledge bases and work you're doing to keep them current with processes or products.
What you bring to the role:
* 3+ years experience working in a security minded role involving compliance and security
* Fluent English language skills (please submit your resume in English only)
* Motivated self-starter who works exceptionally well in an unstructured environment with light supervision
* Great teammate with excellent relationship building and phenomenal communication skills
* Passion for cybersecurity and an understanding of key challenges and risks in the industry
* Experience reviewing English-language legal agreements, security audit controls, and risk & compliance frameworks
* Elite communication skills with the ability to deliver and state complex concepts
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to tackle problems creatively
* Tight-knit collaboration, planning, and prioritization skills
* Strong self-motivation abilities
* Friendly and positive demeanor
* Strong ethical standards
* Certifications (preferred): GSEC, GISF, Security+