|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCIH, GMON, GCIA,|
|Contact Name||Paul Joyce|
Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret Clearance
Potential for Remote Work: No
Shift: Day Job
Layer 8 Technologies is looking for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to work at a newly
established Cyber Threat Intelligence and Integration Center. The selected candidate will help
to establish the newly formed intelligence center in Virginia. The duties include developing
policy, leveraging existing and incoming security tools and procedures, and coordination with
internal and external intelligence partners. The selected candidate will serve as a leader in the
CTIIC and will work closely with industry leaders. Frequent contact will be made with the Cyber
Incident Response Team and Enterprise Security Operations Center to defend networks and
mitigate significant threats. Candidates should have demonstrated strong experience in
working in task force environments.
· Selected candidate will oversee threat and vulnerability assessments and provide subject
matter expertise on appropriate mitigation strategies.
· Selected candidate will identify intrusion activity and determine priority for response by
leveraging alert data from multiple sensors and systems.
· Selected candidate will leverage threat intelligence sources, e.g., NCFTA, DSIE, while
conducting active monitoring of critical infrastructure elements.
· Selected candidate will assess the impact of potentially malicious traffic on networks and
·Selected candidate will lead an in-depth analysis of anomalies in support of network
· Selected candidate will perform live incident response, including proactive and reactive
incident response/ management through identification and remediation of malicious
applications and infrastructure components.
· Selected candidate will communicate and collaborate with other Information Security and IT
professionals in order to develop and implement innovative monitoring and attack prevention
· Selected candidate will develop appropriate key risk and performance indication metrics to
measure monitoring programs and related processes.
· Selected candidate will oversee the research of emerging security threats.
· Selected candidate will proactively implement additional techniques and components to
detect/prevent malicious activity.
· Selected candidate will provide measured support and response to intrusion or security
· Selected candidate will oversee knowledge sharing and technical writing for Internal
· Selected candidates will assist with risk and vulnerability assessments at the application,
system, and network level.
· Selected candidate will formulate operational risk mitigations, develop and implement
security controls, and assist in security awareness programs.
· Selected candidates will be involved in a wide range of security issues, including network
access, architectures, firewalls, and electronic data traffic.
· Selected candidates will research, evaluate, and recommend new security techniques,
technologies, and technologies and align them to the enterprise IT security strategy.
· Selected candidates will utilize processes/procedures and tools in order to scan, identify,
contain, mitigate, and remediate vulnerabilities and possible intrusions.
· Selected candidate will assist in the implementation of the required policy and makes
recommendations on process tailoring.
· Selected candidate will perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to
recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
· Selected candidate will support security testing and evaluation required by government
accrediting authorities through pre-test preparation, participation in tests, analysis of the
results, and preparation of required reporting.
· Periodically conduct a review of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all
actions are closed. May support cyber metrics development, maintenance, and reporting.
· Assist the CTIIC Director in the daily operations of the CTIIC.
· Perform documentation review and improvement.
Required Education / Experience:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience or
Masters and seven (7) years or more experience or
Ph.D. or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, both verbal and written, with internal
stakeholders, external government agencies, and 3rd Party vendors and customers
Professional Certifications a plus (e.g., CISA, CISM, CRISC, or CISSP)
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
Layer 8 Technologies is working on behalf of a premier technology integrator solving our
national modernization and readiness challenges. These offerings span across defense, space,
civilian, and intelligence markets. These include high-end solutions in IT, engineering, and
mission outcomes. We integrate into our partner's ecosystem, offering the best components
from our portfolio to deliver innovative and effective solutions. Layer 8 Technologies is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We empower people no matter their race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We strive to create
diverse, inclusive, and respectful work cultures that value all.