|Location||Dublin, Ireland or Remote|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSEC|
|Contact Name||Maarten Van Horenbeeck|
Would you like to work in a fun yet sophisticated Security team for a tip-of-the-spear SaaS company? Zendesk is looking for a Security Analyst with proven communication skills to help us bridge the gap between our customers and our Security, Sales, Legal, and Product teams. We are seeking someone who can master a highly technical craft while simultaneously demonstrating humanity, friendliness, kindness, and a willingness to always focus and commit: someone with a mixture of technical prowess and steadfast positivity. The world of security moves fast and the world of SaaS moves even faster. In addition to technical acuity and a phenomenal attitude, we need a self-motivator to stay on top of the shifting ground beneath their feet to stay current with security, technology, our controls, and the Zendesk family of products.
You should be approachable and inspiring as you will be the public face of our team and sometimes Zendesk itself. You should have a general understanding of security concepts, possess premier communication skills, and be able to translate complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences. The ability remain succinct and yet instructive is key.
What you will get to do here:
- Enable our Sales teams by completing customer risk assessments, security questionnaires, RFPs, one-off customer requests, etc..
- Learn the triage process for the various workflows coming into our department.
- Handle and distribute compliance documentation to customers (i.e. SOC 2 reports, network architecture diagrams, standardized questionnaires).
- Understand technical questions and tailor your messaging to a variety of audiences
- Work on project-based deliverables when called upon to do so.
- Help to onboard and train Sales personnel in everything security and compliance.
- Engage with internal partners and customers to influence product roadmaps to steer security features and compliance decisions.
- Establish relationships internally with Legal, Advocacy, Sales, Engineering, and Product teams.
- Help update internal and external knowledge bases and results to keep them current with processes or products.
What you bring to the role:
- Either (i) 1 year in a Security department role, (ii) graduate of a Security program, or (iii) hold a security certification (i.e. GSEC)
- General knowledge of information security concepts, security policies, risks, and corresponding mitigation strategies
- Compliance and Privacy Concepts (i.e. SOC 2, ISO 27001/27018, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, CCPA)
- Basic AWS/cloud infrastructure knowledge
- Rock solid interpersonal skills
- Collaboration, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong self motivation abilities
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- Strong ethical standards