Microsoft Releases Updates

Published: 2005-09-13
Last Updated: 2005-09-13 19:51:42 UTC
by Scott Fendley (Version: 1)
0 comment(s)
As you all probably know, today is the normal Black Tuesday of the month.  With no Microsoft security patches being released, I guess we can not really call it Black Tuesday.  Perhaps Grey Tuesday, or Gray Tuesday depending on your choice of spelling, would be more correct. 

Microsoft did release a couple of updates today nonetheless.

First, the monthly "Malicious Software Removal Tool" was updated to handle new variations of some new and old pieces of malware.  For more technical details, please go to Microsoft KB Article 890830  for information and a link to the manual download location.

Second,  Microsoft released an update for Windows 2000 SP4 Update Rollup 1.  That would make this, "Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Update Rollup 1 version 2."  Now that is a mouthful!  For those that don't remember, Update Rollup 1 was originally released in June 2005.  This version appears to fix some known problems with the original version that were discovered after the update went out for testing.  For more information please see Microsoft KB Article KB891861.

I have not found any other updated patches or anything else noteworthy on the Microsoft front today.  If I missed something else, please let me or the other handlers know.

----
Scott Fendley, Handler on Duty
Keywords:
0 comment(s)

Comments

Diary Archives