T'is the season to be jolly - Lindt sale

Published: 2007-12-06
Last Updated: 2007-12-06 04:59:13 UTC
by Mark Hofman (Version: 1)
0 comment(s)

T'is the season to be jolly as the saying goes. 

During the holiday period we are all going to be subjected to various scams and schemes.  About 10.30 this morning people in Sydney Australia started to receive emails advertising a Lindt Chocolate sale at the Elizabeth Street Store (mostly forwarded by friends and family).

A cash only sale between 11 and 1 on Thursday the 6th of December.   Needless to say as I write this there are several hundred people outside the store hoping to cash in on the $5 per bag deals advertised in the email.  The PDF looks really good and genuine. I had junior on his way to get some (BTW kgleeson, you might want to remove the properties from the PDF file before doing something like this, although there could be a good explanation for the name being there). 

A slightly panicked security guard is currently outside the store yelling "It's a scam!!, there is no Sale".

Whilst this is a mildly amusing scam/prank during the holiday season everyone should be on the lookout for the usual greeting cards, "free gifts", credit card reprieves and other emails designed to extract money from our pockets.

Cheers,  I'll have to send junior off to Coles or Woollies to get my weekend stash.

Mark.

UPDATE

Other information received (thanks Scott) points to a forum post regarding this.  It looks like the sale was meant for the people in the building only and got a bit out of hand and was canceled.  Find the explanation here. So no scam/prank after all kgleeson is safe.

Back to grabbing my greeting cards, playing elf bowl, purchasing pressies from the dodgy brothers, whilst supplementing my income by working from home.

Made the news as well

Keywords:
0 comment(s)

Comments

Diary Archives