Microsoft February Patch Tuesday Now Rolled into March Update

Published: 2017-02-16
Last Updated: 2017-02-18 01:47:03 UTC
by Johannes Ullrich (Version: 1)
4 comment(s)

Microsoft earlier today updated its blog post about the "skipped" February patch Tuesday with a note that "We will deliver updates as part of the planned March Update Tuesday, March 14, 2017." March 14th is the March Patch Tuesday date, so February's updates will be combined with the March update. Probably overall the least disruptive solution at this point.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msrc/2017/02/14/february-2017-security-update-release/

---
Johannes B. Ullrich, Ph.D.
STI|Twitter|LinkedIn

Keywords:
4 comment(s)

Comments

So no February patch Tuesday... but why? If Windows update has been compromised (server or client side) the potential impact is huge. Remember flame?
No evidence, only speculation. But I think this indicates the infrastructure to support the switch from MS##-### bulletin system must have encountered major problems. If there was a patch with major issues they would just postpone that patch.
So, the Adobe Flash critical update has been released for Chrome and Firefox, but has been held up for IE due to Microsoft. Anyone else concerned that this could allow for the reverse engineering on one platform to give insight into how to construct an attack on another?
I already updated Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer as far as it is concerned on the browser manaully for Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I needed to update Google Chrome manually as well because it was being slow about updating. I do not have any Windows 8.x or Windows 10.x in my networks except for a beta build of 10 that is not network connected and just for testing so I don't know if manual updating is allowed for these operating systems. For Google Chrome in address bar - chrome://components courtesy of Michael Horowitz

http://computerworld.com/article/3170155/internet/how-to-immediately-update-flash-in-chrome.html

Diary Archives