Threat Level: green Handler on Duty: Jan Kopriva

SANS ISC: PFSense SANS ISC InfoSec Forums

Watch ISC TV. Great for NOCs, SOCs and Living Rooms: https://isctv.sans.edu

PFSense
Hi,

Is the dschieldpfsense script on github (https://github[.]com/jullrich/dshieldpfsense)still working on the current version of PFSense? The script was made for version 2.3 of PFsense and isn't update in the last 3 years.

I'm working with PFSense 2.4.5-P1.

I hope someone can tell me. I have no test environment to check this and downtime isn't an option with kids arround in corana time ;-)

Thanks in advance.
Bas
bas.auer@auerplace.nl

1 Posts
Quoting bas.auer@auerplace.nl:Hi,

Is the dschieldpfsense script on github (github[.]com/jullrich/…)still working on the current version of PFSense? The script was made for version 2.3 of PFsense and isn't update in the last 3 years.

I'm working with PFSense 2.4.5-P1.

I hope someone can tell me. I have no test environment to check this and downtime isn't an option with kids arround in corana time ;-)

Thanks in advance.
Bas

The script does not work out of the box because PHP has been upgraded for a while. Ex: the split() function is now deprecated.
I'll see if the script can be easily upgraded.
Xme

581 Posts
ISC Handler
I just add a quick look at the script and fixed it (well it works on my pfSense :-)
Here is my fork:
github.com/xme/…
(I'll merge with the official repo)
Xme

581 Posts
ISC Handler
Hi,

First of, happy new year.

Thanks for the working script.

When it works, it does a great job.

But every time I change something in my pFsense config, script is changed back to not executable. And it looks like everytime I reboot it changes too. (I reboot every week during maintenance window).

I then have to chmod +x again and the script start working again, till the next change on the system.

Is there a way the script doesn't need the "x" bit?

Bas
Anonymous

-