Threat Level: green Handler on Duty: Didier Stevens

SANS ISC: Microsoft Patch Tuesday (month) (year) SANS ISC InfoSec Forums

Participate: Learn more about our honeypot network
https://isc.sans.edu/honeypot.html

Microsoft Patch Tuesday (month) (year)
Good Afternoon,

First, I love what you guys and gals do :) You are rocking the spot! Everyone is grateful for all that you do!!!

Only issue I could see is lack of standard formatting... and that's understandable... it's a blog style website... but, please hear me out... I was trying to search your diaries for Microsoft patch Tuesday's and things of that nature... and the titles are not at all standardized... Please help us out and make a standard formatting if you could please :)

It would help immensely!!! Thank you everyone - keep up the good work - I for one appreciate it! Take care everyone!

Examples for 2015:

May 2015 Microsoft Patch Tuesday Summary
Microsoft Patch Tuesday - April 2015
Microsoft March Patch Tuesday
Microsoft Patch Mayhem: February Patch Failure Summary
Microsoft Update Advisory for February 2015
Microsoft Patch Tuesday - January 2015 (Really? Telnet?)
7s3v3n7

4 Posts
Thank you for your suggestion! I can see how this could make things difficult, and it's something we will try to improve. Alex Stanford

136 Posts
This is not directly related to Microsoft Patch Tuesday. but it is indirectly. Can you provide a practical "best practice" guide for patch management? I know NIST has one, but I'm looking for a practical guide, not just for Microsoft, but other patching (e.g. Adobe, Apache, Oracle, Cisco) as well.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
AAInfoSec

48 Posts
Quoting AAInfoSec:This is not directly related to Microsoft Patch Tuesday. but it is indirectly. Can you provide a practical "best practice" guide for patch management? I know NIST has one, but I'm looking for a practical guide, not just for Microsoft, but other patching (e.g. Adobe, Apache, Oracle, Cisco) as well.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

This is a good suggestion, and we will certainly consider it. Thank you very much for your support!
Alex Stanford

136 Posts