Last Updated: 2009-07-20 21:11:56 UTC
by Stephen Hall (Version: 1)
One of our readers, Tommy, highlighted that the developers of Wireshark have released a bug fix release bringing the protocol analyser to version 1.2.1.
The release notes highlight that a number of the protocol dissectors have been fixed to address some issues:
- The IPMI dissector could overrun a buffer - affected: 1.2.0
- The AFS dissector could crash - affected: 0.9.2 to 1.2.0
- The Infiniband dissector could crash on some platforms - affected: 1.0.6 to 1.2.0
- The Bluetooth L2CAP dissector could crash - affected: 1.2.0
- The RADIUS dissector could crash - affected: 1.2.0
- The MIOP dissector could crash - affected: 1.2.0
- The sFlow dissector could use excessive CPU and memory - affected: 1.2.0
Given that some of these issues have been around since pre 1.0, could be a good time to update your installed version.